Let’s bring together the lessons of the Winter Writers’ Weekend workshops to start up a new website or fix up your current website.
We will cover topics such as:
- Create a flexible hub for your book marketing activities
- Share book reviews
- Keep your fans informed of your upcoming appearances and new books
note: technical jargon not included
As an author, you’ve mastered creating new worlds and identities, now it’s time to create your own author identity. Marketing specialist Noelle Starry helps you develop an authentic voice that will shine through h you to define your book’s audiences and develop an authentic voice to you shine.
- How and when to keep your identities separate, or combined
- When to use a pen name—and when not to
- How to define different audiences and reach them
- How to manage multiple identities without losing authenticity
Getting book reviews for your book is hard and often frustrating work—unless you are already on a bestseller list somewhere. It’s not merely the number of reviews that matter. You want good reviews!, specifically. What can you as an author do to generate positive reviews on sites like Amazon and Goodreads, or on review blogs? They key is to create a win-win situation for both you and the reviewer. In this seminar we explore strategies to generate more positive reviews, looking at both the author’s side and the reviewer’s point of view.